Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2
Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 Beginner's Guide
A comprehensive guide to understanding the basic game concepts incluiding the interface, battles, leveling up, party and in-game resources
Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 is a turn-based, character collecting RPG. This is the latest game in the Shin Megami Tensei series of games and it is specifically designed for mobile gaming.
Start your journey as a newly-recruited Liberator (also known as Dx2) of a secret organization that fights with Demons. Now you must capture and control your own Demons to fight against an evil secret organization that has been trying to control the normal world.
The battle against demons has been the theme of the greater part of RPG games. This game is no different but it adapts well to the modern generation. Dx2s use a smartphone application to summon demons. Start your journey with a diverse team of Liberators and fight against the demons in this modern world.
Understanding the Game Interface
The game has a really good tutorial, so it is the best way to understand the game. The early game progression is slow and the game features are unlocked gradually to aid you in better understanding them.
As more and more modes get unlocked in the game, you will find yourself confused on what to prioritize. Don’t worry because there is no defined order of things to be done. You can have your own routine but it is recommended to prioritize the training missions on the home page.
The game interface is compact and there are only 4 main views:
However, there is so much going on within each main view, so this guide will help you know more about the elements of the main interfaces of the game.
The Home screen contains an overview of your character and resources. It has the shortcuts to claim rewards from all types of quests. Here are the important sections of the Home screen.
- Training quests and rewards. If you are unsure of what to prioritize on the game then start on this. These quests give the best rewards but they are also the more difficult quests in the game.
- Items, rewards and friends. Understanding the items in the game is really important to be able to use them to your advantage. Items like Monster Dew (full stamina recover) and Tome of Exp are very important in the early game, so make sure to utilize them.
Friends are very important in this game because of the Support option. There is a limit on the number of friends acquire per level, so make sure you clean-up your list from time to time and retain only the ones that are strong enough to assist you in battles.
- Friends list. You can manage your friends list in the Home page. Friends are limited and they are vital to your success in handling difficult dungeons and quests.
- Resources. This part displays your quest and duel stamina, steps available for the Aura Gate. The totals of the game resources: MAG, Macca, and Gems, are also displayed here.
This is your portal to the different dungeons in the game.
- Aura Gate is a floor-based exploration dungeon. This is the farming spot for MAGs.
- Hells Park is an amusement park themed dungeon where you can earn shards needed to summon demons.
- Demon Buster is a collection of mini dungeons:
- Brands of Sin. Farming spot for brands (demon equipment).
- Strange Signal. Farming spot for aethers (items used to awaken special skills of demons).
- Eclipse. A race-specific dungeon. You can only get in if your party is composed of the required race. The rewards are excellent but it only lasts for a month. This will push you to develop demons that are outside of your main teams.
- Wanted. This is a quick event dungeon that appears only at specific times. Always watch out for the sign that this dungeon is available. You will earn shards needed to summons specific demons. You can perform auto-quests in this dungeon so this is a really good spot to earn extra demons in a short span.
- Dx2 Duel. The PVP aspect of the game. The P2P players normally dominate here but if you have a good team composition, you can still have a shot on the top ranks. Even if you are not a fan of PVP it is still advisable to perform the daily quest to win 7 games in order to earn gems.
- Story Quests. This is your main quest map. You can access all the different quests locations here.
This is the home of the Dx2s. The most important functions in the game can be accessed through here.
- Summoning Portal. Summon demons using gems, tickets and fragments.
- Liberators HQ. Used to increase your fame rank and buy items in the fame exchange. You can also claim rewards in completing mission quests here.
- Store. Place where you can buy premium items using real money or gems.
- Aether converter. Use to convert aether to different grades. Aethers are items need to awaken special skills.
- Dispatch. Deploy demons and earn items passively.
- Black Market. You can buy brands and items here using Macca. This is a great place to buy some of the more important items of the game but watch out for your Macca reserves.
- Compendium. The complete list of demons in the game. You can re-summon 1* and 2* demons you have previously acquired using Karma points.
- Church of False Gods. This is the place to perform fusions and multi-fusions. Create new demons by combining your existing demons.
- Pandemonium. This is the most important room in your hideout. The most important functions to improve your demons are done here.
Party contains the different liberator teams. Here you can customize the demon composition of each team.
The demon info contains the collection of demons you currently have. Here you can check the complete status, skills, brands, and details of each demon.
Dx2 info allows you to upgrade the skills and view the information of each liberator.
Each time needs to be a mixture of different demon types to function effectively in different dungeons.
- Healer. Each team should have a healer; otherwise, you won’t last long.
- Physical Attacker. A required attacker type in case you encounter magic-immune enemies.
- Magic Attacker. The opposite of physical attacker. Needed against physical-immune enemies.
- Support. They can be controllers, buffers and debuffers. Controllers inflict restricting statuses to enemies like charm and bind. Buffers increase your team combat capabilities and debuffers remove buffs from enemy teams.
- Normal team composition is composed of 4 demons plus an option to request assist one additional demon from a friend.
- This is a turn-based game, so at the start of each battle the team with the higher battle speed goes first. This is very important because if you got to hit first, it could mean that you can take down a couple of enemies before the can start attacking.
- Select an enemy you wish to attack and perform any available attack in your skill list. Skills can be buffs, ailments (debuffs), single target or multi-target. The order of your skills choices can determine the fate of the battle.
- Missions normally have 3 waves and you have to defeat all three waves using your one team only.
- During battles, there is a chance that a demon will talk to you. Talk with a demon by selecting different responses. If you have chosen the right replies, the demon can join your team afterwards.
- You can use items during a battle. The game offers a wide range of item options but it is recommended that you only use items when absolutely necessary.
There are a lot of different kinds of level in this game.
- Main level. Every level increases your stamina and duel limits. This will also determine the number of friends you can add.
- Liberator level. Each liberator has a separate set of skills that you can unlock as they earn points when they level-up. Do not worry about which skills you upgrade as you can unlock all of them once your liberator reaches max level.
- Fame level. Fame is earned every time you help other players. This can also be earned as rewards in various quests and missions. Fame level determines how far you can upgrade the rooms in your hideout. Fame is also a resource which you can use to buy items in the Fame shop.
- Demon level and stars. This is the most important level in the game. The maximum level of each demon depends on the number of stars he has. A 1-star demon can reach the maximum level 30. Every additional star gains 5 levels, which means that a 2-star demon can reach level 35 and so on.
- Magnetite or MAG. The most common resource of the game that seems to have a little use early on. However, this is the most important resource of the game since a lot of this are needed to evolve 5-star demons to 6-star.
- Macca. This is used to buy and upgrade brands. This is extremely valuable in the end game so make sure you don’t overspend them.
- Gems. This is the premium resource but there is a lot of ways to acquire them free. It is recommended to only spend your gems to increase your demon count limit and to buy MAG packs sold at the store.
- Fame. Earned when helping other players or from quest and mission rewards. You can spend your fame points in the fame shop.
- Karma. Earned when selling demons with 3 and above stars. These are used to re-summon demons you have previously acquired.
- Battle points. Earned in winning PVP battles. Can be exchanged for items.
- Items. The game has a wide variety of items which can be used before and during battles.