Detroit: Become Human
Detroit: Become Human The Interrogation Walkthrough
Detailed walkthrough of the andrord murderer questioning scene
This chapter will be open for walkthrough only if you unlocked the ‘’Found Deviant’’ during the episode ‘’Partners’’. The killer android is stubbornly silent and even lieutenant Anderson cannot make him talk. Despite Chris’ (another police officer) unbelief, Connor comes for help.
Before you sit down with the criminal, inspect the photos on the table – this action will unlock an additional option in the upcoming dialogue. When you are in front of the deviant, look at the indicator on his temple and the wounds on his right hand – you’ll get two more bonus remarks during the future conversation.
Each phrase during the interrogation affects the level of suspect’s stress. To achieve recognition, you need to bring the indicator of tension to 50-70% and keep it at this point. The starting point is 35%.
Do not count on a response from the killer android in the first phrase.
- Fear – stress level stays the same.
- Show Photos – stress level increases by 4.
- Wounds – stress level increases by 4.
- Name – stress level goes decreases by 4.
Having chosen the two replicas, Connor may choose one from a new set:
- Comfort – stress level increases by 4.
- Reassure – stress level decreases by 4.
- Threaten – stress level increases by 4.
- Blame – stress level decreases by 4.
Next, more options:
- Sympathize – stress level decreases by 4.
- Threaten – stress level increases by 4.
- Trust – stress level decreases by 4.
- Probe Memory – stress level increases by 8.
After any two phrases or a threat of a memory probe, the android asks if he will be destroyed and then why Connor betrayed him. In both cases, the responses have the same effect.
- Lie – stress level decreases by 4.
- Truth – stress level increases by 4.
Having ‘’softened’’ the suspect, you need to determine your strategy in the next part of the interrogation. Connor has three choices. If he fails in one of them, you’ll have to choose another one or give up (you’ll have to do it sooner or later if you want a 100% rating for the episode).
‘’Pressure’’ option. Connor starts to put pressure on the android, adding 10 stress points in each of the five rounds. You can retreat at any time, deducting five units of stress. You’ll of course get confession from the killer, but he won’t be grateful for this approach (more about endings later).
‘’Probe memory’’ option. Connor grabs the deviant by the hand and penetrates into his memory. To implement this tactic, you need to alternatively press on four buttons that appear on the screen. This process is unpleasant and will momentarily increase the suspect’s stress level to the maximum. However, you won’t need to put more pressure for confession – the hero will see everything himself.
The ‘’Convince’’ option is the most peaceful of all. It works just like the previous dialogues – any of your answers slightly affects the stress level of the android.
- Understanding – stress level decreases by 7.
- Threaten – stress level increases by 7.
- Order – stress level increases by 7.
- Sympathize – stress level decreases by 7.
- Comfort – stress level decreases by 7.
- Indifferent – stress level increases by 7.
- Protect – stress level decreases by 7.
- Terrify – stress level increases by 7.
- Warn – stress level increases by 7.
If you don’t succeed with pressure or persuasion, you will instantly move to the final part of this episode. If you achieve success, lieutenant Anderson will begin to treat you a little bit better.
As a result of successful pressure or persuasion, Connor will move to the final part of the interrogation. From this part, you will learn about the motives and fears of the suspect as well as about the bloody message, the inscriptions on the bathroom wall and the mysterious statuette (if you have found them in the chapter ‘’Partners’’).
Stand up from the table, come closer to the android and express your regret for the memory probe (if you have done it). This action is required for the full completion of the episode. At the exit from the interrogation room, you’ll come across Chris and another policeman who must take the deviant back to the cell.
If your actions (memory probe or pressure) during the interrogation raised the android’s stress level to unhealthy levels, the suspect will try to initiate the self-destruction process by beating his head against the table.
There’s no good solution for this problem:
- If you intervene, Connor will die. This is the ending ‘’Android Shot Connor and Itself’’.
- If you do not intervene, Connor will let suspect kill himself. This is the ending ‘’Android smashed his head’’.
You’ll see the second version of the final scene if you did not bring the android to a convulsive state. Nevertheless, the deviant will resist police, giving you a choice:
- Give up – in this case, the suspect will kill either only himself (if you haven’t put pressure on him during the interrogation) or himself and Connor (if you put pressure but did not succeed). These are the endings ‘’Android Shot Itself’’ and ‘’Android Shot Connor and Itself’’. Despite the fact that endings of this and the self-destructing scene are the same, in this case you will unlock the element ‘’Android shoots Connor’’ on the flowchart that would have otherwise remained locked.
- Intervene – despite the increase of the suspect’s stress level during the constant intervention of Connor, everything will end up well – relations with Hank will slightly improve, the criminal will survive and even (if you persuaded him rather than pressed) will whisper a mysterious phrase. This is the ending ‘’Android was sent back to its cell’’.
This ends the episode. Here’s the flowchart: