Detroit: Become Human
Detroit: Become Human Public Enemy Walkthrough
Full investigation of Markus’ attack on the Stradford Tower with all evidence and possible outcomes
The chapter ‘’Public Enemy’’, just like many episodes with Connor, starts in the virtual garden of stones. This time, Amanda waits for the character in a boat that is moored in the central part of the location. Sit in the boat, push away from the shore and prepare for another report to the boss.
First, Amanda will ask Connor what he managed to find out. There are two options: ‘’Hank’’ and ‘’Eden Club’’. The first one has no consequences, the second one may improve the relationship with Amanda (if you shot the deviants) or worsen the relationship with her (if you let the deviants run away).
Whatever option you have chosen, Amanda will note that you look confused. There are four potential options:
- Sincere (if you are friends with Hank) – will worsen the relationship between Connor and Amanda;
- Determined – will improve the relationship between Connor and Amanda;
- Cold – will improve the relationship between Connor and Amanda and will decrease the software instability rate;
- Troubled – will worsen the relationship between Connor and Amanda and will increase the software instability rate.
If in the chapter ‘’The Eden Club’’ Connor did not shoot the deviants, he will have to explain himself (otherwise the conversation will immediately get to the next stage):
- Too Far – will worsen the relationship with Amanda;
- No Use – will have no effect;
- Truth – will significantly worsen the relationship with Amanda.
Finally, Amanda will threaten Connor with replacement if he does not show results in the future:
- Conflicted – will increase the software instability rate;
- Confident – will improve the relationship with Amanda;
- Indifferent – will lead to a significant improvement of the relationship with Amada and a decrease in the software instability rate.
In the next scene, Connor and Hank will find themselves in the elevator. They are going to the 79th floor of the Stratford tower which was attacked by Marcus and company in the previous episode. The beginning of this section depends on the ending of the chapter ‘’The Bridge’’: if Lieutenant Anderson did not shoot Connor, he will take a coin from him. This event is present in the flowchart and is necessary to get a 100% rating for the episode.
Once you have left the elevator, overhear (L1) Hank’s conversation with the policeman and then examine the corridor near the TV studio. Depending on what you did here in the previous chapter, the evidence may vary. Here’s the complete list:
- The guard who held the phone – if you shot him down;
- The guard with a gun – if you shot him down;
- The phone – if you shot the guard with a gun;
- The blue blood on the wall – if Simon was wounded;
- The fleeing operator – if you shot him during his attempt to escape;
- CCTV camera above the door to the broadcast room – inspect it if you later want to have an opportunity to interrogate the android operators that were present during the attack.
At the entrance to the studio, you’ll meet an FBI special agent Perkins, who is another officer who does not like androids. After a short conversation, start the examination of the room.
Just like in the case of the corridor before, the evidence in the broadcast room will depend on your actions in the previous episode. Here’s their complete list:
- Bullet holes at the entrance to the room, at the door to the roof and on the main screen – if SWAT attacked heroes after the broadcast;
- Blue blood on the wall – if Markus helped Simon get to the roof after the SWAT attack;
- A broken android – if Markus left Simon and did not help him get to the roof after the SWAT attack;
- Blue blood on the console (next to the big screen) – if Simon was shot before the group entered the studio;
- The record of the terrorists’ message – no conditions, will help to determine Markus’ name and serial number;
- Cap in the center of the room – no conditions;
- The rescued policeman (near the entrance to the kitchen) – if you have bandaged the wound to the cop on the balcony in the chapter ‘’The Hostage’’.
- CCTV footage (near the big screen) – if you noticed the CCTV camera in the corridor.
Depending on what happened to Simon in the previous episode – if he’s alive or not – this chapter may end either on the roof or on the floor below. First, we’ll analyze the first option.
Once on the roof, analyze the door behind you and then pay attention to what remains of Simon – a body or blood. In the latter case, don’t follow the blue trails and inspect the site first.
Right in front of the door, you will find a bag left by Marcus’ group – with an additional parachute or without it. Behind it, there are footprints, on the right (if you stand facing the door – on the left) — the abandoned weapons.
If the group left Simon on the roof in the previous chapter, you can now track him down following the blue blood (see screenshot above). After finding Simon’s shelter, Connor will get a bullet at his shoulder and will run to cover.
The are three outcomes from this situation:
- You stay in cover – SWAT kills Simon. This is the ending ‘’Hank and Connor Survived Unscathed’’.
- You rush to the deviant but fail the QTE section – Connor dies, Simon is killed by SWAT, leading to a decrease in software instability rate. This is the ending ‘’Connor Died Running Toward Simon’’.
- You rush to the deviant and successfully pass the QTE section – Connor penetrates Simon’s memory, which leads to a significant increase in software instability rate. Then, Simon fires a bullet at his chin and Connor has to endure a death of android in his arms. This is the ending ‘’Connor Was Traumatized’’.
If you did not find (or did not want to find) Simon on the roof (in this case, he will later join Markus and his friends), then get back to the studio. After you have looked at the CCTV records, you can interrogate the android operators on the kitchen (between the exit to the corridor and the roof) – one of them saw the approaching Marcus’ group but did not warn anyone. There’s a magazine on one of the two tables in the room. Inside, you’ll find two articles – ‘’Bleeding Blue’’ and ‘’Clean Food Craze’’.
There are two scenarios of the android interrogation: you either find the guilty android or not. We’ll deal with the first option a bit later, but for now, let’s assume that Connor fails to find the deviant android. For this, you have to exhaust your questions, asking the wrong suspect (central or right).
As a result of such ‘’interrogation’’, Connor will decide that there is no deviant among three androids. In this case (and if you left the roof empty-handed), you can ask Hank (you can catch him trying to repeat Connor’s coin trick) to leave the crime scene. This is the ending ‘’Connor and Hank Left the Crime Scene’’.
If you don’t plan to intentionally fail your mission, you should focus on the interrogation of the androids. To find the deviant, look at the movements of the suspects: your goal is the operator on the left who will periodically glance at Connor from the corner of his eye.
Any question from the final pack (‘’Violence’’, ‘’Bluff’’, ‘’Torture’’, ‘’Probe Memory’’) will cause deviant to attack you. He will stick Connor’s hand to the table with a knife and will pull out his Thirium pump regulator that is necessary for the functioning of life support system of any android.
To get the biocomponent back to the character, the player has a minute and forty-five seconds. If you hesitate, Hank will break into the room, but it will be too late: Connor will die, which will lead to a slight deterioration of the relationship between him and Connor and a minimal decrease of the software instability rate. This is the ending ‘’Deviant Shoots Connor’’.
If you do not want to see Connor switched off, remove the knife from his hand as soon as possible and crawl to the regulator – Connor will install it back automatically. Now, Connor will have to deal with the deviant. The ending of this chapter depends on his choice.
There are three potential outcomes:
- ‘’Connor and Hank Survived’’ – once you have control over Connor, don’t run anywhere. Otherwise, the deviant would shoot everyone and will be destroyed by SWAT. The alternative way to unlock such an outcome is to rush to the android and attack it (in this case, the criminal will shoot himself). One way or the other, the policeman from the chapter ‘’The Hostage’’ will die during the operation, which will negatively affect the society’s attitude towards robots and will significantly increase the software instability rate.
- ‘’Connor Sacrificed Himself for Hank’’ – rush to the deviant and choose the option ‘’Save Hank’’. You will cover your partner, but the deviant will still arrange a massacre, which will negatively affect the society’s attitude towards robots and will decrease the software instability rate. But your relationship with Lieutenant Anderson will improve. Not bad, right?
- ‘’Massacre Prevented’’ – rush to the deviant, grab the gun from the policeman’s holster on the right to shoot the criminal down. You will save the cop from the chapter ‘’The Hostage’’ and will receive Hank’s approval. This is definitely the best of all possible outcomes of this episode.
This concludes the chapter ‘’Public Enemy’’. Here’s the flowchart: