Moonlighter: Forest Dungeon Enemy Guide
This guide contains a list of enemies from the Forest Dungeon in Moonlighter, as well as effective strategies for fighting them
SMALL SLIMES, LARGE SLIMES, MIMICS, VINE CREATURES, and the WANDERER all make a return in the Forest Dungeon. However, the slimes and vine creatures in the Forest can poison Will, causing damage over time. Check out the Golem Dungeon guide for tips on these enemy types.
- These creatures rapidly send deadly windsat Will, similar to the Turrets from the Golem Dungeon. While they are fairly mobile, using the tactic of striking them from a diagonal also works on Leaf Creatures.
- Avoid using the bow against them, since the time it takes Will to fire can open him up to retaliatory strikes from afar.
- These mushrooms are quick and can be difficult to hit and avoid due to erratic movement. Try waiting for them to pause after attacking and unload arrows or sword strikes on them while they’re still.
- These mushrooms are poisonous — getting hit will apply a damage over time effect to Will.
- A large mass of slowly moving plant matter. Not terribly difficult to defeat, but watch out for their rapid tentacle attack.
- Ranged weapons like the bowor weapons with greater reach like the spearcan help Will stay away from the tentacles while still dealing damage.
- These are large bulbous creatures that can rapidly fire seeds. Much slower and heartier than the Leaf Creature, using the tactic of striking them from a diagonal works well here.
- Bulbs can be much more dangerous when they are placed in a crossfire or with Large Slimes — be careful to act accordingly when they are combined with other enemy types.
- This tiny creature can become a big problem, as it launches mortar shots of poison out of its blowgun. These poison pools stick around for several secondsand will apply a damage over time effect to Will upon contact.
- Blowgunners have a small hit box, making them difficult to hit with arrows. Close the gap with a quick close range weapon like the sword and shield or gloves to run them down before they can poison the room further.
- This creature is a tree stump topped with a sawblade. This enemy throws the sawblade in a boomerang style, allowing it to ricochet off of walls and obstacles before it returns and readies another attack.
- Slow-moving and not too sturdy, Sawblade Plants are easy to defeat at close range. They only become a problem if left unchecked for too long, and rarely show up in groups.
- This creature is highly dangerous. Galloping quickly around the room, it will briefly pause only to unleash clouds of deadly spores in Will’s direction.
- They often appear in pairs and with other enemies, making it a bigger challenge to avoid their attacks.
- Ranged weapons or weapons with reach work well. If you can place an obstacle between the creature and Will, you can hit them over the obstacle using weapons like the spear or big sword. The bow is also pretty good at keeping them at bay, but be ready to roll out of the way of their spores.
- A small creature that rotates a trio of leaves like helicopter blades, allowing it to fly.
- While it moves quickly, it is fairly harmless and easy to knock back if you time your strikes during its approach.
SMALL FLOWER TURRET
- Tiny flowers that continually fire spores in Will’s direction.
- They are not terribly dangerous alone, but often appear scattered around the room and with other creatures.
- The spores they fire move slowly, making them easy to dodge and avoid.
FOREST DUNGEON GUARDIAN: CARNIVOROUS MUTAE
- This dungeon boss is often accompanied by an increasing amount of small flower turrets, making the fight more difficult as time goes on.
- Stay near the underside of Carnivorous Mutae, attacking its belly at close range.
- Evade when it pushes its roots into the ground, as this signals its underground thorn attack.
- Don’t get close to the upper flower portion, since the boss can lash out with long reaching tentacles.
- If the flower closes, get ready to dodge a large amount of radial spores.
- Carnivorous Mutae will attempt to jump on Will if he gets too far away — avoid the shadow it leaves when falling to avoid damage.
- Defeating Carnivorous Mutae will unlock the Desert Dungeon!