Moonlighter: Tech Dungeon Enemy Guide and Final Boss Fight
This guide contains a list of enemies from the Tech Dungeon in Moonlighter, as well as effective strategies for fighting them. It also contains strategies for the game’s final boss
SMALL SLIMES, LARGE SLIMES, MIMICS, and the WANDERER all make a return in the Tech Dungeon. However, the slimes in the Tech Dungeon can electrocute Will, causing damage over time. Check out the Golem Dungeon Guide for tips on fighting these enemy types. Enemies generally have a larger reach in the Tech Dungeon.
- These are small flying enemies with a glowing electric globe on top.
- While they are generally easy opponents to defeat, these constructs almost always appear in pairs or groups.
- They can be knocked back easily but will swoop back in to retaliate. Use hit and run tactics to avoid being injured.
- Flying Constructs explode when killed, emitting a circle of electricity. Use ranged attacks from the bow to finish them off.
- Appearing as huge floating balls of tubes and metal with a grated window on the front, Generators can place a buff on other enemies in the room.
- Generators can attack Will only at close range, using a large sweeping laser that does a high amount of damage.
- They have a large number of hit points but are not overly fast or dangerous.
- The bow works well to keep them out of reach, and Generators often won’t react when hit by ranged damage.
- These huge glass tubes placed atop short crawling legs are a particular nuisance. They will constantly spawn smaller enemies into the room and take significant hits before dying.
- Focus on defeating a Factory as soon as possible when it appears, or you’ll be in for a difficult fight against multiple opponents.
- Factories cannot seem to generate more enemies than initially present in a room. Use this to your advantage and take out the enemies that the Factory can’t revive first.
- These enemies are large immobile metal towers topped with a crystal ball.
- Tesla coils call a powerful lightning strike down from above onto Will’s current position. Get ready to dodge when they begin to light up.
- They can only take a few hits before defeat, so stay mobile and close in with a strong melee weapon, then roll to avoid the lightning.
- A slowly moving metal cannon that fires huge blasts of lightning.
- These lightning blasts have a large hitbox and are capable of stretching across an entire room until hitting either a wooden obstacle or wall, doing significant damage to Will on contact.
- Lightning Turrets can fire and move only in the four cardinal directions. Stand at a diagonal to the turrets and strike with a weapon such as the sword and shield or big sword to avoid damage.
- These are small, blue-shelled creatures that casually roam towards Will’s position in a room.
- Since their movement is predictable, try to trap them behind pits or obstacles and attack at a distance.
- They strike with an arc of electricity that has a considerable reach, making it difficult to dodge or roll through.
- Use the bow to keep them at a distance, or roll through the enemy itself to bait their attacks, striking from behind.
- Wispy clouds of pure energy, these creatures are relatively harmless.
- When they appear grey, they are cannot harm Will, or be harmed themselves, until the remainder of enemies in the room are killed. They will also be destroyed upon Will defeating the rest of the enemies in the room.
- When they appear blue, simply stay out of contact to avoid damage from Energy Creatures. They are large and move somewhat quickly, but seem to roam around without a clear purpose.
- A small metal orb that has three legs extending from its base, emitting arcs of electricity.
- The Dive Construct is invulnerable when high above Will. It will swoop down in two quick lunges to hit Will with its body. Be ready to roll twice to avoid its second charge.
- Will has a small opportunity to hit this construct just after it dives. Be ready to counterattack with a sword combo after its second charge.
TECH DUNGEON GUARDIAN
- The Tech Dungeon’s Guardian, simply known as the Technology Guardian, is a huge sentient ball of energy.
- The boss will often open with a charging attack, moving between the metal posts in the boss room while sending waves of electricity across the floor.
- This guardian can also teleport, but will always end up on top of one of the metal posts in the room. When it stops, it will charge up one of three attacks.
- The weakest and easiest to avoid is a bolt of lightning that circles the boss’s body. Time your rolls and continue hitting the boss with a melee weapon.
- This boss can also attack with two rotating bolts of pink lightning.
- The Tech Guardian can also shock the ground over a huge radius.
Defeating the Tech Guardian will unlock the fifth door in the village.
FINAL BOSS (SPOILERS AHEAD!)
Please note that the final boss of Moonlighter contains a major story spoiler. Do not read further if you wish to avoid spoilers.
- Opening the fifth door will reveal a pathway to an ancient laboratory.
- Use the consoles in the room to learn the story of the dungeons. Head north to proceed to the final boss when ready.
- The Last Dimensional Pirate will appear and attack Will after a short dialog.
- The boss will usually open with a few sword swings. Keep an eye on the color of the sword. When it turns green, get out of the way.
- After taking some damage, the boss will split in half. Seeking missiles will fire from the legs, and the torso will quickly dash across the battlefield. Spend this time avoiding damage until the halves reunite.
- When the bipedal form of the Last Dimensional Pirate is defeated, it will retreat and transform into a giant tentacle monster.
- The boss’s second form can swipe downwards with both large tentacles, but this attack is slow.
- If you see the boss lash out with both tentacles at once, it is preparing to do a radial explosion attack. Roll downwards and out of reach.
- This boss can also create large dimensional rifts in the ground.
- A tentacle attack can hit Will from below, so stay mobile.
Once you defeat the boss’s final form, enjoy the ending!