Soul Knight FAQ
All you need to know about the rougelite pixel shooter: what rings are for, what skins and weapons are available, how to repair the robot, how to play onlone, and much more
All skins in Soul Knight
These are all available character skins at the moment.
How to unlock skins in Soul Knight
Some skins can be bought with gems. You also get skins during holiday seasons such as New Year, Christmas, Easter, or Halloween.
The 'Stay with Us' skins can only be won. Contests are held on Facebook and in the in-game social network — KTplay. Alchemist announces all official contests on KTplay, so follow him in order not to skip a new contest.
These are the only ways to get skins.
How to unlock the Robot
You can unlock the robot only if you have unlocked the Engineer. To get the latter, you need to pay $1 or unlock using a coupon.
Where to find the Robot
How to get a coupon for a free character
You can find such coupon in the workshop. It can appear on the third table next to the trader. Keep in mind that the coupon can be used once only, so first you need to collect enough materials for repair. Then, use the coupon to unlock the engineer, and fix the robot.
Where to find the Trekking pole
Like any other weapon, it can be found in the dungeon. Besides, you can find blueprints there and create this item in the workshop. The Trekking pole significantly speeds up the character but deals no damage. It can be used by support characters in multiplayer.
What weapon colors mean
- White — Common. The most common weapons in the game: rifles, SMGs, machine guns, pistols and shotguns.
- Green — Uncommon. Advanced weapons with additional effects such as burning or freezing: rocket launchers, flamethrowers, laser guns.
- Blue — Rare. Such weapons can have additional attack modes.
- Purple — Very rare. Weapons with unique characteristics.
- Orange — Epic. Just like blue weapons, but special attacks can be stronger.
- Red — Legendary. Dropped by bosses, these weapons have unique characteristics.
What plants are for in Soul Knight
After level 2-1, the Garden unlocks to the left of the Living room. There are six Garden plots for planting seeds. Some plants will provide you with resources, others can be used as weapons, third give unique buffs.
Two of the plots are available straight away, the other four are unlockable. To unlock them, you need to spend 5000 gems for the middle ones while for the rest you need to pay $1 and $2 respectively.
How to grow plants
- You need seeds to grow plants. Seeds can be found in green chests in the dungeon or dropped by bosses. You can also buy seeds from the trader in the workshop or from the gashapon machine.
- Once you acquire the seeds, use the shovel to dig up the garden plot and plant the seeds.
- Then, you need to water the plant at least once a day before it grows. Plants need from 1 to 6 days to grow, depending on their type.
- Hint: If you don't want to wait, use fertilizer, which will reduce the waiting time to one day. The fertilizer can be found in the dungeons, bought from the gashapon machine and bought from the trader in the workshop.
List of plants
|Name||Growth Time||Number of uses||Resource Given|
|Gem Flower||1 day||Single||288 Gems|
|Gear Flower||1 day||Single||3 Parts|
|Ironwood||1 day||Single||3 Ironstone|
|Trumpet Flower||1 day||Single||4 Organic Matter|
|Oak Tree||3 days||Single||10 Timber|
|Gem Tree||4 days||Recharges after 1 day||222 Gems|
|Name||Growth time||Number of uses||Description|
|Carrot||1 day||Single||Melee weapon that deflects enemy shots and attacks enemies around the character|
|Green onions||1 day||Single||Acts both as a ranged and melee weapon|
|Vine||2 days||Single||Swings at a moderate distance with moderate Critical Chance that applies Poison on crit|
|Bamboo||3 days||Recharges after 1 day||Used as a ranged throwable weapon and as a melee weapon with a thrusting attack when close to the enemy|
|Name||How to get||Growth time||Effect|
|Dragon Fruit Tree||Baby Dragon Bros||4 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Fire resistance buff|
|Cactus||Random drop||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Trap resistance buff|
|Magic Flower||Random drop||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Get energy whenever you kill a monster buff.|
|Devil's Snare||Devil's Snare||7 days (Rechargeable)||Gives a pet which shoots 3-way poisonous projectiles, can be used once per run|
|Titan Arum||Random drop||1 day (Single use)||Gives a pet that does 5 melee damage, can be used once per run|
|Mandrake||Varkolyn Leader||2 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Immunity to poison buff|
|Caterpillar Fungus||Volcanic Sandworm||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Increase Maximum health buff|
|Crystal Mushroom||Giant Crystal Crab / Phantom King||2 days (Rechargeable)||Gives Get more gems each game buff|
|Heptacolour Viola||Random drop / Grand Knight||1 day (Single use)||Gives an extra slot for Buffs. Multiple plants can stack|
Soul Knight multiplayer
How to play online
You can play Soul Knight in a company of 2 to 4 people. The game can be started by any player.
- The player hosts a game in a local Wi-Fi network or activates a portable hotspot on the phone.
- Then, he chooses the difficulty (normal or brutal) and proceeds to the character selection screen.
- After that, other players can join the room and choose a character, skin and a ring.
- Once all players have chosen rings and pressed 'Ready', the host can start the adventure.
- Before the game, you can see the equipment of all the players.
- If the match was interrupted, but you want to return to the game, press 'Continue' on the starting screen.
- You can find large chests in the dungeon. To unlock them, each player has to stand on the button in the room. These chests contain more weapons, depending on how many players are in the game.
- The store will have more items.
- There will be more chests in rooms with bosses.
- Each player receives gold and energy as a reward. You can see yours only.
- The host of the game chooses which buffs players unlock between the levels. The buff is applied to all players at once.
- Each statue can only be used once by each player. The statue effects are individual for each player.
- In multiplayer, you can see only health of your teammates (without armor).
- You can revive the fallen teammate. To do so, just come close to them and press the action button. In 5 seconds, the teammate will be revived with 1 HP and no armor. There are no limitations regarding the resurrection. When any of the players reaches the portal, all teammates will automatically revive.
- You will lose the game if all players die.
- When a player enters a new room with enemies, all other players automatically teleport there.
- The number of enemies and their health increases by approximately 50% compared to singleplayer.
What rings are for
How to get rings
You will receive your first ring before you first multiplayer game. It is chosen randomly. To get other rings, you need to play with other players. Keep in mind that they have to equip rings of another color. At the end of the run, you can get a new ring among other rewards. Besides, you can melt the ring in the Reforging Furnace. If you get a ring of another color, you keep it forever.
List of rings
Red ring. When activated, all players get a 3-second buff that increases the size of bullets and doubles damage. The use costs 8 energy points, the cooldown is 8-10 seconds. It does not affect the efficiency of melee attacks and is less efficient with lasers.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring.
- Affects the statue shells;
- Affects the reflected bullets;
- Affects the special skill shots;
- Does not affect mercenaries' attacks;
- After using the knight's special attack, affects both weapons. Thus, your character will be dealing 4x damage.
Blue ring. After activation creates a laser beam between players that deals 3 damage but does not have critical damage. Does not consume energy.
- If a teammate is too far, the effect does not work;
- Laser ignores any obstacles and destroys boxes;
- The size of the beam can be increased with the laser weapon buff;
- Using the skill increases the movement speed.
- If the player who activated the ring switches weapons, the effect will end.
Yellow ring. After activation, all teammates get 1 armor and the aura that accelerates armor regeneration. Using the ring costs 8 energy and has a very long cooldown.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring.
- The effect is similar to the priest's special ability.
Green ring. After activation restores 1 HP to all players. Using the ring costs 15 energy, the cooldown is 15 seconds.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring;
- The knight can combine using the ring and his special ability, which will restore each teammate 2 HP and consume 30 energy. The cooldown stays the same.
Best multiplayer teams
There are many effective team-ups for co-op dungeon runs. We'll take a look at the most popular co-op pair: the green ring vampire and the red ring knight.
This team has many healing options and good overall characteristics. This way you don't need to spend time on looking for potions as vampire's special skill and green ring will restore health when necessary. Knight's damage buff together with the red ring effect is very powerful and will help you deal with bosses fast.
Preferred statues: Statue of Priest for the vampire and Statues of Paladin or Knight for the knight.
- In the first case, the knight is the attacking character equipped with the most powerful weapon and dealing tons of damage with his special ability. The vampire will restore the knight's energy using his special ability buffed by the statue, and the attack can be repeated.
- In the second case, the vampire picks up the best weapon and restores energy using his special ability. The knight doubles his teammate's damage using the red ring.
- Increase maximum health;
- Statue effects get triggered twice;
- 50% off in shop;
- Fire and Poison immunity.
3 and 4 players
After you pick the two main characters, the other two should be buffers. For instance, the red ring priest, and the yellow ring elf or engineer. Some players use the blue ring to do speed runs, but, in this case, they deal minimal damage.